Thursday 14 June 2012

Product Review: Guerlain Ombre Eclat Duo and Liner

So I thought since I had already done 2 eye shadow reviews this week I would make it Eye Shadow week.

A favorite make-up brand of mine has always been Guerlain. I started using their foundation when I was about 16 and haven’t stopped using their products since. One of their products that I’m obsessed with is their Ombre Eclat Duo and Liner.



These sets have two eye shadows and one gel liner, which is really handy as you have everything you need to create a great eye look in one.

I have the following colors...


L’Heure Fumee 308





You can see it has been used and abused...  

L’Heure Bleue 381





L’Heure De Nuit 383





This one is a really great color palette for a smoky eye.

I really can’t rave about this product enough. I’ve been using them since about 2007/2008. It’s been a constant in my make-up bag.

The eye shadows are great. They have this beautiful pearl look to them so they really bring your eye to life. They also stay in place, which is a biggie for me when it comes to eye shadow. I hate the bad crease look that happens when an eye shadow move around. The gel liners that also come with the kit are amazing. I’m a huge gel liner fan and have tried about 5 different ones, and I have to say this one is pretty good. I tend to use the liner a lot without using the shadows.

So not only is it an eye shadow investment but it’s also a great gel liner investment.

I’m not sure how much it costs here, but I know you can buy the Duo and Liner from Sephora for $54, so I’m guessing in Australia it will be around $75/80.

Nat xoxo

1 comment: