Tuesday 27 March 2012

Microdermabrasion

So needless to say I'm obsessed with beauty treatments. I'm especially obsessed with trying out new ones. One that I've been thinking about getting for a while is Microdermabrasion. So when my beauty salon started offering them as a treatment I jumped on the chance to try it out. 




I wasn’t really sure what to expect when I went it. I had heard that it was quite a weird experience and it also can feel like your skin is being pulled and scratched off (obviously it’s not).

So the start of my treatment was like any other facial, cleanser, mask, and then the microderm.

I have to say it was a pretty weird feeling. It was a mixture of heavy suction and sandpaper. I didn’t hurt but it wasn’t exactly a soothing experience.

I was afraid that my skin was going to be really red when it finished, but it wasn’t. In fact my skin was pretty clear looking. I did have some red surface marks on my face (which has since gone down. They didn’t even last 24 hours).

I really look forward to seeing when my skin does over the next few days. My beauty therapist told me that some times your skin can keep rejuvenating over the next few days (aka shedding) so not to be alarmed.

Another big thing about mircoderm is you need to wear suncream! Because you are taking off a layer of skin, you need to make sure your skin is protected, as it will be more susceptible to burning.

Have you had microderm done before? Do you love it?

Nat xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment