Wednesday 1 February 2012

Product Head To Head: Hair Oils

I’ve always been reluctant to use anything oily on my hair because I have the unfortunate problem of having really oily hair. I’ve also washed my hair every day since I was in Year 7. A decade on and I just don’t feel clean unless I wash my hair (with the exception of going to the gym, pole or yoga in the morning. No sense washing your hair before exercise). So when everyone started raving about hair oils I pretty much avoided them like the plague. Well that was until my friend introduced me to Davines Finest Oil Non-Oil for Wizards. And it was love at first try!

Once I realised that hair oil wasn’t the devil and really made my hair feel great I thought I should try some more. So I decided to try out L’Oreal Professional’s Mythic Oil as well since I got the full sized product during the ABBW.


I tried each oil for 2 weeks to see how the compared.

Davines Finest Oil Non-Oil for Wizards. This product really had me at the name. How awesome it is?! Davines say this product is for the delicate definition and moisturizing of the styling.


What did I think? Personally I find it does a really great job of making your hair look straight without using my Cloud 9. My hair feels hydrated and the fly-always are kept in check. It also makes my hair feel really silky.

L’Oreal Professional Mythic Oil. L’Oreal says that this product is nourishing to even the finest hair and the formula leaves hair looking shiny, feeling nourished and supple.


What did I think? I really liked this hair oil as well. This oil is heavier then the Davines one, but it also made my hair feel lovely and soft. Again I also found with using this oil I didn’t really need to use my Cloud 9. The only thing I didn’t like was that this product did make my hair a little bit oily by the end of the day.

What product wins the hair oil challenge?! Well I would have to say that the winner for me was Davines Finest Oil Non-Oil for Wizards. And not just because of the name. But the name did help tip the scales in it’s favor.

Both hair oils will set you back about $40, but since a little bit goes a long way the bottles last for ages!

Nat xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this review. I have been umming and erring over the Mythic Oil.

    ReplyDelete