Friday 25 November 2011

Product Head To Head: Facial Wipes

I recently got a few different types of facial wipes so I thought I would test them all out and do a product head to head. The FOA and Nivea ones I got from the ABBW and I bought the Simple ones before the ABBW (pack of 2) because they were on sale. I know buying cheap skincare goes against the name of my blog but I have this thing called a shoe addiction so I have to pull in the purse strings sometimes. I know it’s horrible, but you should see my shoe collection! It’s amaze balls…



Anyway! Back on track, I really like to get all my make-up off before I use my cleanser (so it can do it’s job properly) so I find facial wipes to be pretty awesome things.

The 3 wipes I've been using are...

Facial Wipe 1: Simple’s Cleansing Facial Wipes



What they say: These wipes have no alcohol, no oil, no perfume, no color, are non-drying, non-greasy and remove waterproof mascara.

What did I think? I liked this facial wipe but didn't love it. It does an alright job of getting make-up off but my main problem was the smell. It's not good. I don't like really strong fragrance smelling products but this just smells bad and it's a bit of a turn off really.

Facial Wipe 2: Face Of Australia’s Purifying Cleansing Wipes



What they say: These are due action cleansing wipes that will remove all types of make-up including waterproof and stay-put. They are also alcohol free so they won’t dry out our skin.

What did I think? I think this would have to be the holy grail of make-up wipes! It's fabulous! It does an amazing job of removing make-up, and even gets rid of all my eye make-up, which is quite a big deal. And it has a really pleasant smell. All in all AWESOME!

Facial Wipe 3: Nivea’s Daily Essentials Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes



What they say: These wipes are enriched with Almond Oil & Calendula Extract that removed make-up and waterproof mascara. They do contain alcohol though (BOO!).

What did I think? I have to say this wipe had the nicest texture and felt lovely on my skin, even though they do contain alcohol. However at removing make-up epic fail. I thought it had gotten all my eye make-up off, but when I washed my face hard-core panda eyes. Such a same because it really is a lovely facial wipe

So just so everyone is clear the winning facial wipe on overall texture, smell and removing make-up is Face Of Australia!

You can buy all of these products from Priceline, Woolies, Coles etc except FOA, which is only sold in Priceline, Kmart and Big W.

Nat xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I love the FOA make-up wipes too! So glad that they included the make-up wipes as goodies for us, else it would've took me a big round to come to try those wipes! :3

    Great overview! Thanks lovely!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I was going to try Simple (because of all those ads on tv about how it's the No 1 UK skincare brand or something hehe) but I think i'll be giving it a miss if it smells bad! I'll definitely check out the FOA ones.
    P.S Just checking if you received my email (I did it from my phone and it sometimes doesn't work properly hehe, damn Optus!)
    Have a great weekend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried both Nivea and Simple and agree both are a bit... eh. Will def try the FOA ones now :)

    ReplyDelete