Thursday 13 October 2011

Beauty-Box October 2011


So my October Beauty-Box arrived in the post and once again it had lovely packaging and looked all lovely and premium once opened. However this is where the excitement and good impression ended.

I was really under-whelmed by this box.






What we got in the box:

1. Beauty Tread: Biotherm’s Aquasource Moisturiser – Meh. I know people who like Biotherm but the brand really doesn’t do much for me. I liked their Broccoli serum that they launched a little while ago, but that’s about it for me.

2. John Frieda’s Full Repair Full Body Shampoo & Conditioner – I like John Frieda’s blonde Shampoo & Conditioner and I have used their products before and I like them for the most part. The samples are a decent size and I’ll most likely give them a go. We also got a coupon in the box that gives us $4 off the range in-store, but I’m not sure if I will use it or not.

3. Shiseido’s Sheer Matifying Compact Foundation – This I had a real problem with. I have very fair skin. The colour that came in my box didn’t even come close to my skin tone. This really brought down my consumer experience. Great something I can’t use because it’s the wrong colour. Not good at all. And it’s really bad for Shiseido as well because I’m not going to try out their product.

What they should have done was provide an invite to go in-store to get our sample colour matched to our skin. It’s really risky sending out foundation products in a pack like this because it’s never going to suit everyone’s skin.

4. Garnier’s Body Intensive 7 Day’s – Again I had a problem with these samples because they were in those little packet things. Personally I won't even both testing out these because they are annoying and it’s hard to get the product out. So wasn’t impressed with that either as I won’t be testing it out. Also to buy the full size product is $6.95, so if I really wanted to try it I would just buy a full sample.

5. Calvin Klein’s CK Shock for Him & Her – We got fragrance last month and personally I didn’t mind getting it again. We got a few samples so we can get a few wears out of them. I also find the size handy to keep in your make-up bag in your handbag so this was fine with me.

So all in all my experience with this box wasn’t great and I cancelled my subscription. The main reason was because most of the brands I didn’t find useful. I really only got excited about 1 product out of everything we have received so far. I also found the brands were more Priceline/Supermarket focused for my liking. Those are my feelings anyway!

Nat xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about getting the beauty box, I am subscribed to Lust have it! and have loved every box so far. I'm definitely not going to get it now, I've read too many poor reviews on it.

    ReplyDelete