Tuesday 23 August 2011

Trend Alert: Skittle Nails

So if you read my blog yesterday about my outfit on Sunday, you would have seen that I mentioned Skittle Nails.


I first head about this concept at the International Beauty and Spa Expo when I was talking to some lovely make-up and nail artists. Basically the idea is that your nails don't match. So you can have each nail a different color or a few different colors on each hand.

The main point of it is to have your nails clashing. What Mandy (who I spoke to specifically about Skittle Nails) said is that it's all about mixing different types of colors and textures. For example having brights with pastels or mixing matte and glitter finishes. So think glittery black with a matte hot pink or pastel purple with a deep green.

Here is a re-cap of my attempt at skittle nails!




I've still got my Minx Gold color on my pinkie (my bf calls it my "grill" lol) and I'm also wearing Essie's Sand Tropez and OPI's Bastille My Heart.

Mandy did say that the best nail polish brands are Illamasqua and OPI, although her favorite is Illamasqua because they do amazing textures.

So what do you think?

Are you a fan of the skittle nails?

Nat xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment