Friday 5 August 2011

Outfit Today: Something a Bit Different

Recently I’ve notice that I have quite a few good (by good I really mean quirky/interesting but in a good way) pieces in my wardrobe, but I tend to play it safe with fashion. I don’t know why given I wear some pretty crazy shoes, but I’ve always played it down when it comes to what I wear.
Anytime I do wear anything a bit out there people always comment, and luckily most of the time it’s positive. I generally ignore the negative comments, unless it is from Anna Wintour or Karl Lagerfeld, but seeing as I’ve never met them I really don’t have to worry.
Anyway I digress! My boyfriend asked me to spell it “die-gress” because I say “I die” a lot, which was inspired by Rachel Zoe. It started off as a joke because BF hates that show so I used to say it to annoy him and it just stuck. But I’m choosing not to! And once again I have digressed!
The point I have been trying to make is that with looking at my wardrobe and inspiration from one of my favourite style icons at the moment, The Man Repeller (if you haven’t check out her blogs you really should because they are awesome!) I have decided to step out of my comfort zone and let my inner fashionista run free!
And this is what I came up with…

I’m wearing my caramel pants (that I wore on the weekend), with a black tank (yep had to get black in there somewhere!), electric blue silk shirt, my BBB (big brown belt) and red cardi. I’m also wearing my chunky wooden necklace because it’s just awesome. Another little feature of my outfit is my bamboo-esque ring.

I got this ring when I was in Bali in April and I love it! You might also notice my bi-colour nails. It’s something I’m trying out (again out of my comfort zone), but I’ll be doing another post on them, hopefully tomorrow.
So, what do you think?
Success or fail?
Nat xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment