Monday 11 July 2011

Paris 2011 Haute Couture Collection - My 5 picks

Over the past week I have majorly been stalking Fashion websites checking out all the pictures of the Fall 2011 Haute Couture collections that have come out of Paris and I have to say I LOVE them! There really is no comparison to Haute Couture and these designers have really out-done themselves with some really great collections. On my other blog over at Tumblr, I have done 5 posts on my 5 favourite shows. I thought I would give this blog some love and do a re-cap of my 5 picks. I have also linked the titles to my full blog posts over at Tumblr, so if you fancy checking out my full post you can pop over there.
The Chanel Fall 2011 Haute Couture collection was amazing! Fabulous designer Karl Lagerfeld didn’t fail to deliver some gorgeous takes on the classic Chanel suit. The textures and lines are fabulous.

Here are a few of my picks.




Now I’m sure you are all familiar with what has happened at Dior recently with John Galliano’s not so gracious exit. As such Galliano’s pattern-cutter Bill Gaytten was given the task of putting together a Haute Couture show (easy right! lol).
And I really liked the collection! It’s like quirky, bight and chic. It was just fun, from the pieces to the colors.
Some reviews I’ve read say that despite the fact that the show was really lovely, it was missing something. You could tell that Galliano wasn’t there and that there was not overall vision. I agree with this to an extent, but given what has happened at Dior HQ, I think they did a pretty damn good job.
Here are a few of my picks.
 


The Valentino collection, designed by Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli, was something really special. Their collection was nothing less than beautiful. The couture has a really old grace and femininity that just looks spectacular. Some of the couture really reminds me of the Renaissance with a modern twist.  

Piccioli said that the collection has “the grace of a woman we’ve been looking for. That’s not a word that’s used very much today, but we think it’s more subversive now to dress like this, with a sense of regality and luxury that has nothing to do with ostentation”. Well said Pier!
Here are a few of my picks.



Jean Paul Gaultier’s collection really explores a dark side to fashion with intense feature, fur and leather. I really love the edgy-ness to this collection. It’s a really nice contrast to what we saw with Valentino’s insanely feminine collection.
This collection, designed by Riccardo Tisci, is really lovely and soft. Tisci said that he “tried to find the light in the darkness, very pure and soft and fragile; a romantic dream”. This collection is kind of the mirror image of Jean Paul Gaultier’s collection. I thought the collection was really beautiful with lots of soft lines and color; it was also very feminine and elegant. I was also blow away by the exquisite detail that was maintained through the collection; it really just topped it off.
Here are a few of my picks.




How amazing are these collections! I really love fashion week!
I’m going to do an exclusive beauty blog on these collections as well (thought if I did a fashion snapshot and beauty in the one blog it would be over kill).
What do you think?
Are you in love with any of these designers? Any stand out for you?
Nat xox

No comments:

Post a Comment