Wednesday 13 July 2011

Get The Look: Chanel's Haute Couture collection make-up look


So last week I did a series of posts on the Paris Fall 2011 Haute Couture Collections. If you haven’t had a look yet, check out my posts for Chanel, Valentino, Jean Paul Gaultier, Christian Dior and Givenchy, or check out my summed up version.

As such I have decided to do a post on the make-up styles that were on display during Haute Couture collections. It’s a sort of how-to, but not. And for those of you who don’t understand my vagueness, what I mean is I will show the looks, talk about what is going on and make product recommendations on how to create the look yourself! (So a kind of how-to but not really)

Also for these looks I’m only looking at the eyes, cheeks and lips. If I went into foundation etc we could be here all night.  Also I have just finished typing out the full blog and it’s a bit long! So I’m going to break this up into 3 blogs for each look that I’m focusing on.

Let’s start with my 1st look, Chanel!



So the Chanel look was all about the eyes! The black lace was a really interesting look (that I personally loved, but then it is Chanel so they could pretty much be wearing clown masks and I would love it lol), but I also liked that they did add a smoky eye underneath. It really made the eyes pop and really draw you in. What I also loved, once I noticed, is that it’s not a traditional smoky eye; they have used navy blue, I’m assuming to match the nail colors. It really ties the whole look in nicely together.

Now to get the look you could always just walk into the Chanel store and ask for all the colors they used in the runway show, buy them and call it a day. Or if you don’t have that much money, you could try using the following items! YAY!

I love a good make-up palette and there are some really good smoky eye ones other there. I recommend:

Benefit's Smokin' Eyes

Too Faced Smoky Eyes
The Benefit palette is the more traditional smoky eye look (plus it has a mini brow kit, LOVE), but the Too Faced palette does have a really nice navy blue so you can re-create the Chanel look.

 Also you can’t forget mascara! Pretty much all the looks require mascara, so I’m only going to feature them once. And the two I recommend are:

MAC's Opulash

Benefit's They're Real!
Now Benefit’s They’re Real hasn’t launched here yet, but if you HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW you can buy it from the benefit website and they ship to Australia! YAY!

Finally the eyeliner! Let’s face it no smoky eye look is complete without the eyeliner and these are my recommendations:

NARS's Eye Kohl

MAC's Eye Kohl


What do you think of Chanel’s smoky eye look?

Are you going to try the smoky eye look with navy blue?

Nat xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment